Monday, September 7, 2009

Fort Stevens

Welcome to the Fort Stevens Civil War Reenactment!




I'm telling you, they had pretty technologically advanced weapons back then ;)


Lost in the dungeons.



The ladies...





The gentlemen, going away to war. The car in the foreground really adds to the effect, don't you think?


The confederates - waiting.


The confederate army.









Here come the union soldiers...



Am I the only one to think the confederates were way outnumbered?











Here lies the fallen soldier... with his hat over his face to block the sun, how nice :)




Deserter?



On the fields of glory...



Lie those slain...



And the victorious...



The entire union army.











The horses were gorgeous!










The last canon fire.

The ladies returning from the scene of blood and gore.







One of many camps.


Hope you enjoyed the tour!

3 comments:

King's child said...

Thank you so much for posting about the reenactment Emily!! It looked like everyone had fun (both reenactors and viewers). :D

Maybe next year we'll get to go....

~Caity

David said...

Thanks Emily!

I had a lot of fun there!
it was a lot of fun seeing you there, I'm sorry I was so busy at the time.

Gwennie said...

I guess great minds think alike... my family went on Monday. : )