Monday, April 25, 2011

Goin' to Tennessee!

Hey y'all. Workin' on my southern drawl, here ;)

In less than 6 days, Daniel, Sonia and I are going to be on a plane headed to the other side of the country. I honestly don't know what to expect, but I'm so thankful for this opportunity to get a change of scenery.

Funny thing about being up in an airplane - it gives me a clear picture of my size and importance in the world... not much :P

I hate pettiness and quarreling in my family, but I don't do such a hot job of avoiding it in my own life, either. Another thing about traveling, seeing different people and sub-cultures, for me it lifts my head above the comfortable sameness that can lead to a small mind and above the clouds I again see how great our God is, and am less likely to push Him into that tiny box we all tend to keep around.

My expectations for this trip... a bunch of fun times, laughs, and a fresh perspective on life.

5 comments:

Christi said...

Hope you have a wonderful time.

gretchen said...

have a great time! i look forward to hearing all about your adventures!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, you'll have a blast!

It's so true what you say about perspective. Being around different people in a vastly different geographical location can be challenging and refreshing all at the same time. It forces us to realize how different (and how similar) people are, no matter where you go. I feel like it helps me appreciate and respect my loved ones more. :)

Hannah said...

Missing you already! I am praying that you will be able to relax and enjoy a nice vacation. :)

Rehtaeh said...

Enjoy your time in the south!