Monday, February 16, 2009

Daughter of the King

Lord, renew a right spirit within me. 
A spirit that shows grace to others as an outpouring of the grace which you have freely given me. Grace which overlooks faults, shares a heart full of joy, honors my Savior, and changes the lives it touches. 
A heart of love that is totally unselfish and humbly serves others regardless of notice or man's vain praise. 
A consistent life that magnifies a King who is powerful enough to change my heart of sin, and who placed in me a heart of flesh, tender and sensetive to His commands.
A life that wins the trust of my brothers and sisters, father and mother, friends and acquaintances, who know that they can count on me to serve without exacting payment in return.
A woman who follows Proverbs 31 because of a truly changed life, not begrudingly or with a 'works' mindset.
To be different, set apart, a stranger in this world. Dress differently, think differently, talk differently. Cool clothes, self-absortion and slang are not characteristic of a child of God.
And be wholly in love with my eternal Friend - lest I fall into the danger of depending on earthly friends for my sense of belonging. I will never find it.
This, Lord, is my prayer.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

My prayer, too. Put so elegantly, Emily. :)

Cheryl said...

I LOVE your blog! I have the same prayer and so appreciate your thoughts...just beautiful! What a lovely part of the country you live in!

Voorhees Family said...

Hi Emily!

I feel a need to introduce myself. LOL I'm Krista, Kaylee's twin. Wow, this is a neat blog! I think I'll come here more often. :D

~Krista