Saturday, December 20, 2008
The Hard Winter
* I feel for the Ingalls family.
* What better way to meet new neighbors than digging their cars out with our tractor.
* I love snow when we still have electricity.
* Rhododendrons certainly can balance a lot of snow on their leaves.
* Hand-milking is really, really tough when the temperature is 17 degrees F.
(yes, our machine chose to stop working for a couple milkings)
"Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." - 1 Peter 5:6-7
* God's mighty hand is seen over the storms.
* We are so very small and helpless.
* Hard times demand our decision to give our cares to God, or take them on our own inadequate shoulders.