Saturday, September 20, 2008

Simplicity

Like it or not, I am free this year to work on submission to family. Time to realize that there are others around me who are very important to God, and the realization that I am far more selfish than I previously thought. Praise God that He does not give up on prideful humans, but convicts and chastens, then guides and empowers to have victory over sin.

Simplicity is allowing quiet to fill your heart and allowing God to show you areas that need to change. For me, being busy (as one friend put it, Being Under Satan's Yoke) can lead to blindness in a hurry. Living on a farm and being home schooled all of my life has perhaps restrained my tendency to constantly be moving. It is hard to become involved in a lot of activity in town, when the nearest store is 15 min. away!

Yesterday I was blessed with 20 lbs of fresh Early Girl tomatoes! Most were cooked into tomato sauce, the rest I gave to neighbors and used fresh. Jani is finally in a comfortable routine, so less time is spent milking. Apples are picked, four large laundry baskets-full! It reminds me of one of the books in the Rose Wilder Lane series, where they bought a whole wagon-load of apples, made most into cider, then spent days peeling, slicing, drying and storing the rest in sacks for winter apple pies :)

Today Dad has smoothed out the upper fields and Nathan and I need to re-seed them in preparation for spring. We also need to make the double-stanchion for the dairy parlor. The milk machine and vacuum pump have arrived, and Glass (the new Jersey) is due to be picked up tomorrow!

It is possible to be quiet and still before God without being lazy.

Psalm 46:8-10 "Come, behold the works of the Lord, who has made desolations in the earth. He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two; He burns the chariot in the fire. Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"


No comments: